- Thanks for your interest in contributing to the aoetools. The best
- way to submit proposed changes is in plain-text "patches". These
- patches are generated by the diff program.
- Patches should be clean (to the point and easy to read) and should do
- one thing. Send multiple patches if necessary. Patches should be
- generated with "diff -uprN" if possible, and should be designed to be
- applied with "patch -p1".
- Design note:
- The aoe-mkdevs and aoe-mkshelf scripts are expected to work with
- special device files forever, but the aoe-discover script will likely
- someday use sysfs or something similar instead of
- /dev/etherd/discover. The same goes for aoe-interfaces. For that
- reason, there is no runtime interface for giving aoe-discover an
- alternative to /dev/etherd at runtime. Instead, the device directory
- is set once and for all by make. That way, the user interface won't
- change or become obsolete when aoe-discover stops using