- aoetools for Debian
- With aoetools it is shipped an init script that will mount any AoE volume
- properly configured in your /etc/fstab, that is, without option 'noauto'
- AND with an option '_netdev', if you want to avoid any error messages in
- the boot process. In the following examples I am supposing that the rest
- of the mount options are simply 'defaults', but you can replace it with
- other parameters.
- Example of a correct line:
- /dev/etherd/e0.0p5 /mnt/aoe xfs defaults,_netdev 2 0
- Wrong examples:
- This line will generate boot errors, as the early mount process will try to mount this
- volume, because it is not marked as network-dependant:
- /dev/etherd/e0.0p5 /mnt/aoe xfs defaults 2 0
- This line will provoke that the /mnt/aoe volume won't simply get mounted while booting
- or running "/etc/init.d/aoetools start":
- /dev/etherd/e0.0p5 /mnt/aoe xfs defaults,noauto 2 0
- Important note: Please note that if your network is not properly configured or your
- AoE server is down, you can incur in big delays in the booting process. If you fear so,
- mount volumes manually after you are sure that your AoE shelf is reachable.