- The aoetools are programs that assist in using ATA over Ethernet. For
- now, the tools are designed to work with the "aoe" driver for Linux
- 2.6 kernels. Support for 2.4 kernels and other operating systems
- would be helpful, but we're starting with 2.6 support.
- If you need to configure the software, look at the variables at the
- top of the Makefile. The defaults should work for most people. When
- using the defaults there's only one step to configure and install the
- aoetools software and documentation:
- make install
- You'll need sufficient permissions to install in the default locations
- if you haven't overridden them with your own locations.
- Here is a brief list of the tools. Please see the man pages for
- further details.
- aoe-discover trigger discovery of ATA over Ethernet devices
- aoe-interfaces restrict network interfaces used for AoE
- aoe-mkdevs create character and block device files
- aoe-mkshelf create block device files for one shelf address
- aoe-stat print status information for AoE devices
- aoeping simple userland communication with AoE devices
- The aoetools homepage
- The Coraid homepage