$Id: README 1476 2006-07-07 04:53:44Z aturner $
[Please note that licensing, compiling, usage and other documentation can be
found in the docs subdirectory.]
If you have a question or think you are experiancing a bug, it is important
that you provide enough information for us to help you. Failure to provide
enough information will likely cause your email to be ignored or get an
annoyed reply from the author.
If your problem has to do with COMPILING tcpreplay:
- Version of tcpreplay you are trying to compile
- Platform (Red Hat Linux 9 on x86, Solaris 7 on SPARC, OS X on PPC, etc)
- ./configure arguments
- Contents of config.log
- Output from 'make'
- Any additional information you think that would be useful.
If your problem has to do with RUNNING tcpreplay or one of the sub-tools:
- Version information (output of -V)
- Command line used (options and arguments)
- Platform (Red Hat Linux 9 on Intel, Solaris 7 on SPARC, etc)
- Make & model of the network card(s) and driver(s)
- Error message (if available) and/or description of problem
- If possible, attach the pcap file used (compressed with bzip2 or gzip
- The core dump or backtrace if available
- Detailed description of your problem or what you are trying to accomplish
Note: The author of tcpreplay primarily uses OS X; hence, if you're reporting
an issue on another platform, it is important that you give very detailed
information as I may not be able to reproduce your issue.
You are also strongly encouraged to read the extensive documentation (man
pages, FAQ, documents in /docs and email list archives) BEFORE posting to the
tcpreplay-users email list:
Lastly, please don't email the author directly with your questions. Doing so
prevents others from potentially helping you and your question/answer from
showing up in the list archives.
Aaron (tcpreplay author)